01.07.2004 - 3:11 pm
This I got from heavenlyging and inmythirties:
*New Year's Survey*
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, although for 2004 I’m going to set up and use a PDA.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeah, me. And my friend Shannon.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, just within the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 25th, the day my daughter was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth. Moving, supporting Nick through some difficult times.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t know that I had a failure this year. We have done a lot to align ourselves to create a better future for our family, including creating the space for me to be a stay-at-home mom in the future.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does a c-section count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hm…this is hard, I’m not one to really buy for myself. I did get myself a Kate Spade bag based on those Hagen Dazs shirts from the 80’s. I love that bag.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Nick’s, he’s really been there for me this year, adjusting to motherhood has been a challenge I never could have anticipated.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Various political leaders
14. Where did most of your money go?
Settling into a new home. Baby gear. Yeah, mostly baby gear.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Experiencing (still) all the “Firsts” that Munch is having. Moving into our home that we chose and bought together.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
I don’t know, there are so many!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
Richer and Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Taken advantage of being baby-less
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes, with my daughter J
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
24, American Idol, Trading Spaces, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Dharma & Greg reruns and the Thursday night line-up on NBC.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word, there aren’t many people I hate. Many I dislike, not many I hate.
26. What was the best book you read? this year?
Either Geek Love by Katherine Dunn or Harry Potter and the Secret Order of the Phoenix. (Wanna know the worst? Eragon by some young kid)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
For the Kids.
28. What did you want and get?
Diamond stud earring for giving birth, I got them on my birthday. They are GORGEOUS!
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
So many! Love Actually, School of Rock, Return of the King (on the big screen).
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33. Nick and I took the day off and went to Seattle. We had Munch’s pictures with Santa done, had a fantastic lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, and did some shopping.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Great pain upon the Ex.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Comfortable, late stage of pregnancy is so trying! Then, it moved to what else? Comfortable. And by the end of the year I fit into pre-pregnancy clothes.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything threatening a woman’s right to choose.
37. Who did you miss?
My brother, when he moved back east.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Our PEPS group.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
There is no unconditional love like the love for your child.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Sunny day, everything’s A-OK, …..”
last - next