08.20.2003 - 5:11 pm
I'm starting to panic. We are hopefully moving on Friday and there's still packing to do. We should know tomorrow morning if that's the case. I'm SO fucking tired of packing....I've basically been packing this house for a month, creating trash and goodwill piles every day. When the weekend hits I always prefer some play time. Ugh! I know it will all get done. Even if there is a carload of stuff to take over after the movers are finished because we didn't get to it. I'm just SO ready to be in the new house and living my life again. It's no fun living on the bare minimum, eating 300-calorie frozen meals (I could really go for some pizza tonight, reading the same book to Munch over and over when she has so many that are taped away in a box. (big deep breath)
This week is going by so quickly. I can hardly believe I have to return to work on Monday. I don't know if it's the usual avoidance that I engage in or what, but I'm not that upset about it. I'm not looking forward to cleaning up the messes the guy covering my desk is likely to leave behind, I guess it will keep me busy though. I really like the daycare we picked for Munch so I'm not worried about her. I think I'm worried that (1) I'll get enough sleep each night and (2) that I'll have the resources to actually concentrate and do my job so I don't get put on probation or anything.
Munch is in this new phase of talking where she squeals everything. I think it's really cute. There's some giggling in there as well. She'll be four months old on Monday. I can hardly believe that already! Wow...my little girl is growing up (sniff sniff)
And to those requesting an interview, I’m sorry this took me so long! Have fun! And don’t forget to put the criteria after your answers (I posted that again at the end)
1. You’ve mentioned that your son entered this world via c-section. Did you have any feelings of disappointment that he didn’t come naturally?
2. A doctorate…how wonderful! What would you be studying and how does it relate to your job?
3. Are you still going to church with your husband? Will you be raising your son in the church? Do you have any reservations about that?
4. Name your Top 5 80’s favorites.
5. What do you love most about your son?
1. Do you shop at Lush? If so, what are your favorite products?
2. What do you think it is about yourself that allows others to open up to you and spill their guts?
3. What is your idea of feminism? Does it bother you that there are so many factions of feminists? Do you think that confuses the core message?
4. Name your top 5 fruits & vegetables.
5. What is it about Cutting that hits a nerve? Why not alcoholism or eating disorders? In other words, why are you so passionate about Cutting being so horrible.
1. Do you think there will ever be another religious war (spirituality isn't about oneupmanship; that's the goal of organized religion. and damn, i'm all for disorganized religion, religion like my pots and pans cabinet, or my sock drawer, or my brother's room)? Or do you see that is already happening?
2. What made you decide to leave whatever religion you were raised in for paganism?
3. You have a very unique writing style, do you have any aspirations to publish?
4. Name your 5 favorite things about your cat.
5. You mention me as your “erudite new mom” and ergoatlas as your “erudite new dad”, who did you find first? And why in the world would you consider the two of us as parental figures?
1. How did you know you were reborn in the Spring of ’98?
2. Whether you were serious about the S&M dungeon thing or not…what is it about men that allows you to be demonstrative, but not women?
3. Name your top 5 candy treats
4. When you need/crave chocolate, is it often fulfilling the same emotional need? Or do you just want a piece of chocolate?
5. Tell us about your ideal vacation (money and time are no object).
1) Leave a comment by ten o’ clock tonight if you want to be interviewed.
2) I will respond; I’ll ask you five questions.
3) You’ll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4) You’ll include this explanation.
5) You’ll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
last - next